Why Carole Lilly Massage is Supporting Western Carolina University Half Marathon and 5K
The 2023 Catamount Climb half marathon and 5K will be hosted on the campus of Western Carolina University in Cullowhee, NC this April 1st. Carole Lilly Massage and WCU have a thriving relationship and we are so proud to be one of the sponsors for the race.
If you’re looking for an event to kick off your springtime fitness, then sign up today!
We strive to support organizations that align with our mission and values – self-care, healthcare, education, massage, and wellness. The Catamount Climb is hosted by the WCU School of Health Sciences and the Department of Campus Recreation & Wellness. All race proceeds go to support student professional development and scholarships. It’s a win-win!
We also love the benefits that running, jogging, and walking have on your body. Movement and massage are both great for your health and when combined, you may have a more well-rounded experience with workouts. Here are a few reasons why we enjoy supporting this run:
- Taking care of your body is one way to help reduce stress and live a longer, healthy life.
- Receiving a massage after a run is great for recovery and taking care of sore muscles.
- The cardiovascular benefits of running have been known to help fight heart disease.
- Receiving massage therapy can increase flexibility along with easing muscle tension.
- After adding both to your routine, you may even notice a positive change in your mental health.
The WCU Catamount Climb Half Marathon and 5K is Saturday, April 1st starting on campus in Cullowhee, NC.
Simply click here to sign up for the race.
Photo by: Western Carolina University – Catamount Climb
Creator: Mark Haskett
Copyright: Western Carolina University