North Carolina is known for having the best of both worlds: beautiful beaches, wonderful cities, and expansive mountain sides. However, in our eyes, there is no place like Sylva. Here are some amazing places that you can visit whether you’re passing through or visiting the area!
Grab a bite to eat or hang out with your friends!
- Visit White Moon café for delicious brunch and great tasting drinks. If you’re looking for more of a nighttime scene, their establishment can transform into a “secret speakeasy” for wine, beer, and cocktails.
- If you’re interested in trying multiple flavors of beer, then you must check out Innovation Brewing! From merch to buy and events to attend, this is the perfect place for adults to get together for a good time.
- You can never go wrong with pizza. Take a look at one of our favorite pizza places, Pie Times Pizza Company! The menu will surely leave a lasting impression on your taste buds!
- Looking for some burgers? Swing by Cosmic Carry-Out for some of the most delicious burgers that Sylva has to offer. They also have some vegan options to accommodate different diet types!
- Another place specifically with the adults in mind, take a look at Ilda and Wine Bar for an upscale experience that you and all your friends can enjoy.
Would you consider yourself to be an outdoor enthusiast?
- Bridge Park would be our pick for a great spot for a picnic in case you like to eat with a view.
- Interested in climbing a mountain? Visit Pinnacle Park for some intense hiking or a stroll around their lower stream trails!
Take something with you that reminds you of Sylva! Let’s go shopping!
- City Lights Bookstore has all of the appeal of your favorite local bookstore with the heart that you’ll only find in Sylva. Book signings, indie authors, their most famous employee (Cedric the cat), and music – this is the perfect place for book lovers everywhere!
- It is not too late to brighten up your spring wardrobe. Jackson’s General Store has some great apparel for you, and that cute fur baby of yours!
- Music lovers and music enthusiasts will find that a trip through In Your Ear Music Emporium will be the sweetest sounds you’ve ever heard. All music genres are represented which means that there is a little something everyone will love to hear!
- Find time to stop by the Motion Makers shop for gear, bikes, and services in case you brought your own materials.
- We didn’t forget about your sweet tooth lovers out there. You’ve never had chocolate until you’ve taken a bite out of the traditional chocolate recipes you can only find at Baxley’s Chocolates!
Sylva is the best place for events!
- It is going to feel so good to listen to live music again. Check out these dates for the Concerts on the Creek summer events so you can plan a trip here to hear these bands perform!
- Festivals are always fun and the Greening Up the Mountains Festival is no exception! There will be arts, crafts, vendors, 5k, live music and so much more coming up the third Saturday in April!
- Even though this event was postponed due to COVID-19 restrictions, be sure to save the date for the Hook, Line, and Drinker event that will be back next year!
- Locally grown fruits and vegetables are available at the Jackson County Farmer’s Market every Wednesday and Saturday. Our favorite is homemade bread, fresh picked strawberries, and local honey!
- There is something to be said about art: Sylva loves it! Come see the many works of local artists at the Jackson Arts Market!
We hope that you are able to explore these amazing places along with a relaxing massage to match! We’re looking forward to hearing about your trip and we hope you will enjoy your visit to Sylva, North Carolina!