The best part about giving gifts is that they do not always have to be around the holidays! We can show our loved ones just how special they are to us anytime. Have you been wondering what gifts you can offer those you care most about? Treat the people on your list by giving the gift of massage!
Here are 8 reasons why gifting a massage equals love!
1. The gift of stress relief. Life can be stressful and hectic. Massage calms the nervous system and assists the release of feel-good chemicals and hormones. A professional massage not only supports physical well-being but emotional as well.
2. The gift of self- love. We all know how important it is to take care of ourselves, but often, we don’t make time for it. Sometimes we believe that we do not deserve it or have not worked hard enough for it. Scheduling a massage gives your loved one permission to have complete and total relaxation. A massage session sends your loved one the message, “I am helping you take care of you.”
3. The gift of convenience. We have busy lives. A massage gift card allows for someone to spend quality time with themselves on their terms. Best of all, a massage gift card can be redeemed at a time that is convenient for them!
4. The gift of pain relief. Massage makes a body feel better by increasing circulation, improving flexibility and releasing those knots that are causing discomfort or pain. Massage has been shown to reduce low- and upper-back pain, neck pain and headache, and to be effective for chronic conditions such as fibromyalgia and arthritis. The pain-relieving effects of massage can be more profound and long-lasting.
5. The gift of a mood boost or improved sleep. A massage makes a great gift because it can boost mood and improve sleep. The release of the feel-good hormone, oxytocin, is increased during massage, as is the release of serotonin and dopamine. Once your body releases these hormones, they will continue to linger even after the massage is over. Adding aromatherapy to any massage has been done for years and shows to aid in relaxation. Depending on the essential oils or lotions used, it can improve sleep or be a mood booster.
6. The gift of heart health. Massages have been found to reduce heart rate and to have a lasting, positive effect on both systolic and diastolic blood pressure. A massage can also benefit cardiac surgery patients by reducing anxiety, pain and muscular tension, while it boosts relaxation. The latest, “As Seen on TV” gifts are great, but nothing says, “I truly care about you and your health” like the gift of a massage.
7. The gift of muscle ease. Massage alleviates pain and stiffness by increasing circulation, improving flexibility, and releasing kinks and tight spots from areas that hold tension. Massages work the stress and tightness out of the muscles while also allowing our minds to relax and our thoughts and body to decompress. Who wouldn’t want to receive such a therapeutic treatment, or be the giver of such an experience?
8. A massage gift card is appropriate to give to anyone. You can give a massage to nearly anyone and for any reason and it will seem like you put a lot of thought and effort into the gift! You can gift your child’s teacher, your spouse, your adult child, a coworker, or your mother-in-law. It’s a gift guaranteed to please and appropriate to give in any situation.
Skip the stress of trying to find the “perfect” gift. A massage or a gift card from Carole Lilly massage is a gift that keeps on giving and truly shows how much you care! We think the best part about these gift ideas is that they are perfect all year round. When you are thinking of those outstanding people in your life, taking their health into account will always be something they will remember!
We want to be a lifelong partner for your health and wellness goals. Everything at Carole Lilly Massage is designed around meeting your (and your loved one’s) needs. Your health, safety, and wellness is our top priority.
Simply call our store or stop by to purchase a gift card or ask any questions about our services.